We offer two main plans based on the needs of our typical customers. Both plans include spot treatments as needed/desired for weed control using natural/organic products (yes, there really is such a thing!).
For our customers who are converting from conventional lawn care to our organic service, we recommend the following:
• Our 6-step liquid-based organic treatment. This is what brings your soil back to life and gets your roots growing deep. The product we apply is essentially an enriched compost tea, but one that is created to precise specifications, keeping in mind the season and the needs of your turf.
• Lime. One of the most vital components of a healthy organic lawn is balanced pH. With this plan, we will test your soil each spring, and make lime applications as needed to start raising pH.
• Top dressing with compost and overseed. We will apply a 1/4” layer of fine compost to your lawn once in spring, and overseed.
• Spring aeration. Any organic lawn care program in our area, with our clay soil, should be accompanied by aeration in order to maximize results. Aeration battles soil compaction and provides an avenue for water, nutrients, and oxygen to get to the root zone, helping the soil biology to flourish. An additional Fall aeration can be purchased separately.
This plan is for two kinds of customers. First, it is for new customers whose lawns have not had conventional fertilizers applied to them. These are customers who've been living in their homes for at least a few years but never did much more than water and mow their lawns. Second, it is for customers who have participated in our Full Conversion Plan for a year or two and whose lawns no longer need additional care to wean them off of a chemical program. The Maintenance Plan includes the following:
• Our 6-step liquid-based organic treatment. This will improve or maintain your soil biology and help your roots grow or stay deep. The product we apply is essentially an enriched compost tea, but one that is created to precise specifications, keeping in mind the season and the needs of your turf.
For some lawns, neither of these plans may be the perfect fit. If your lawn is mostly dandelions, moss or barely there, it would be best to call us so we can evaluate and suggest the best options for you.
Supplemental services are optional, and can be selected as necessary or desired. An organic lawn care program always benefits from aeration and pH adjustments in order to maximize effectiveness. Supplemental services help to keep the soil biology flourishing.